Tribe7 Blackwing7 Primes
Designed through a collaboration between Bradford Young, ASC and Neil Fanthom, the Blackwing7's offer full frame/large format coverage and feature a robust design coupled with unique optical characteristics and customization options. Three standard production tuning options are available for the Blackwing7 lenses and feature black housings.
- The Straight "S" tuning matching more traditional 20th century lenses and exhibiting medium focus fall off.
- The Transient "T" tuning providing a smoother image with slightly more focus fall off and flaring.
- The extreme eXpressive "X" tuning option which offers a softer look with more extreme halation and aberration during flaring as well as the most focus fall off of the three tunings.
- The "B" tuned Blackwings have the same multi-coated lens elements from the "S" tuned range, so they perform the same in terms of light management and flare control. "B" tuned lenses exhibit a green/blue ghost flare and the optics have the edge-uncoating from the "X" tuned range, so they are lower in contrast. These lenses have the same optical prescription as the "T" tuned lenses giving them similar characteristics when stopped down.
- Prior to release of these three production tunings Tribe7 produced the Binary Blackwings, which feature a silver housing and are similar in tuning to the "T" tuning production lenses. Tribe7 continues to work on additional tuning combinations that may become available in the future.
|Focal Length||Aperture||Close Focus||Front Diameter||Weight (lbs)|