IT Systems Administrator
Keslow Camera is a premier rental house that provides world-class camera equipment for feature films, television shows, and other media outlets. We have offices across the US and Canada with our headquarters in Culver City, CA. Keslow Camera is looking for a full-time hands-on IT Systems Administrator to join our IT team and help support our company’s IT infrastructure as we expand and grow.
We are primarily a Mac shop, with back-end services provided by Windows servers.
The overall goal of this position is to increase the capabilities and availability of our in-house IT support team which is responsible for purchasing, configuration, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of all IT systems working alongside our outside partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on support for our onsite and offsite end-user equipment, mostly Macs and iOS devices, including, setting up new machines, software and hardware installation, antivirus, backup, printing, etc.
- Provide assistance for supporting our server and network infrastructure including Fortinet security appliances, Windows Server 2012 servers, Mac Minis, Remote Desktop, switches, modems, cabling, and UPSes.
- Participate in creating and deploying a support ticketing system to manage and monitor and prioritize all support requests throughout the entire organization.
- Create, deploy, and monitor cloud-based solutions for sharing files.
- Participate in our initiatives to create innovative technological solutions moving forward to keep Keslow Camera on the cutting edge of technology and to increase productivity & decrease technology costs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technology vendors and consultants.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server, network, and other IT infrastructure equipment.
- Determine project requirements of the managers and their expectations for their department’s technological needs.
- Occasional travel to our remote offices to assist in setting up new offices or new technology at existing offices.
- Liaise with staff of all levels to provide technology training and mentoring.
- Provide technical support for phone systems, video conferencing, and security systems.
- Be able to react to unplanned events that adversely affect the network or computing environment.
- Troubleshoot systems, networks and applications to identify, plan for, and possibly predict malfunctions.
- Help plan and implement all network security, including setting up any necessary VPNs, firewalls, SSL certificates, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with IT colleagues and management on application/systems development and enhancement.
- BS in Information Systems, related-field, or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience with Mac Desktop & iOS support, including backup, antivirus, MS Office
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) a huge plus
- Experience supporting FileMaker applications a plus
- Experience with Fortinet solutions a plus
- Must be available for occasional travel to our remote offices and for some after-hours support
- 2+ years supporting Window Network Servers (Win Server 2012), switches, firewalls, UPSes, Internet circuits and related networking equipment
- Advanced troubleshooting for macOS, iOS, networking, Wi-Fi, printing
- Excellent customer service skills & creative thinking
- Ability to take ownership of technical issues from initial report to final resolution, exceeding client expectations
- Willingness to investigate, research, and troubleshoot issues that at first appear to be outside your area of expertise/knowledge, but willing to ask for help when needed
- Independent and self-motivated, but still a team player
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Detail oriented and capable of producing accurate documentation
- Interested in learning new technologies & learns quickly
- Lifting up to 40-50 lbs. of cases and/or equipment
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health Benefit packet
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick pay
- 401(K) Retirement plan
To apply for this position, please send resumes to email@example.com.
Keslow Camera is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, trains, hires, and promotes employees without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other protected class. Keslow Camera is a camera rental house that provides customers with world-class service and top-quality products.